Books & Volumes
Books Edited by Archaeometry Laboratory Staff
Since 1992, the present and former staff of the Archaeometry Laboratory have compiled special-topic papers into ten books. Focused on broad archaeological topics, regions, or concepts, the papers in these volumes are classic case studies of how archaeometric techniques can be used to expand archaeological inquiry. The volumes are largely based on well-received conference sessions or symposia organized by the Archaeometry Laboratory.
Ceramics of the Indigenous Cultures of South America: Studies of Production and Exchange through Compositional Analysis
Edited by Michael D. Glascock, Hector Neff, and Kevin Vaughn
Published in 2017 by University of New Mexico Press.
- Compositional Analysis of Archaeological Ceramics. M. D. Glascock
- Pottery Production and Consumption in the Andean-Amazonian Frontier of Southwestern Colombia (2500—500 BP). H.J. Giraldo, R.J. Speakman, M.D. Glascock, and A.M. Gudiño
- Cultural Implications of Neutron Activation Analysis of Ceramics from Palmitopamba, Ecuador. R.D. Lippi and A.M. Gudiño
- Fabric and Culture: Technological Change in Ecuadorian Finger-Painted Pottery. M.A. Masucci, H. Neff, M.D. Glascock, and R.J. Speakman
- Early Horizon Cupisnique Ceramic Production in Pomac, North Coast of Peru: Role of Archaeometry in its Holistic Understanding. I. Shimada
- Was Huacas de Sicán a Pilgrimage Center? From the Results of Compositional Analysis by INAA of Serving Vessels from the Great Plaza. G. Matsumoto
- Chemical Characterization and Patterns of Ceramic Movement in the Cajamarca Region of Northern Peru. J.L. Toohey
- Inca Craft and Ritual Production: Compositional Analysis of Ceramic Pigments from the Temple of the Sun, Pachacamac. J.A. Davenport
- The Analysis of Inca Pottery from the Cuzco Region: Implications for the Provisioning of Ceramics for Machu Picchu and other Inca Sites. R.L. Burger, L.C. Salazar, and M.D. Glascock
- 1500 Years of Pottery Production in the Nasca Region of Peru: Instrumental Neutron Activation Analysis from the Site of La Tiza. C.A. Conlee, M.T. Boulanger, and M.D. Glascock
- Wari Ceramic Production in the Heartland and Provinces. P.R. Williams, D. Nash, A. Cook, W. Isbell, and R.J. Speakman
- Compositional Analysis of Pre-Hispanic Pottery from the Dry Eastern Lowlands of Bolivia. W.D. Gilstrap, E. Myers, and H. Neff
- Pottery from Funerary Mounds Along the Arid Atacama Desert Coast, Chile: Chemistry, Circulation, and Exchange Between the Inlands and Coast During the Formative Period. I. Correa Girrulat, F. Gallardo, M. Uribe, E. Echenique, J. Blanco, S. Flewett, M.T. Boulanger, and M.D. Glascock
- A Compositional Characterization of Ceramic Production and Circulation During the Formative Period in Tarapaca, Northern Chile. M. Uribe, E. Vidal Montero, M.D. Glascock, A. Menzies, M. Muñoz, and C.C. Roush
- Testing the Social Aggregation Hypothesis for Llolleo Communities in Central Chile: Style, Pastes, and INAA of Ceramic Smoking Pipes and Drinking Pots. F. Falabella, S. Alfaro, M.T. Planella, M.T. Boulanger, and M.D. Glascock
- Recruited or Annexed Lineages: A Chemical Analysis of Purén and Lumaco Pottery and Clays. L.G. Cecil, T.D. Dillehay, and M.D. Glascock
- Prestige Ceramics in Inca Qollasuyu: Production and Distribution of Imperial and Regional Ceramics in the Southern Andes. V.I. Williams, T.N. D’Altroy, H. Neff, R.J. Speakman, and M.D. Glascock
- Social Interaction and Communities of Practice in Formative Period NW Argentina: A Multi-Analytical Study of Ceramics. M. Lazzari, L. Pereyra Domingorena, W. Stoner, M.C. Scattolin, M.A. Korstanje, and M.D. Glascock
- From the Mountains to the Yungas: Provenience and Distribution of Ceramics in Ambato Societies of the Andes of Argentina in the Fifth Century AD. M. Giesso, A.G. Laguens, S. Bertolino, M.T. Boulanger, and M.D. Glascock
- Neutron Activation Analysis of Archaeological Pottery from Mendoza, Central Western Argentina. N. Sugrañes, M.J. Ots, M.D. Glascock, and G. Neme
- Ancient Exchange Networks in Central Amazon. E.G. Neves, C.S. Munita, R. Hazenfratz, G.Z. Mongeló
- Ceramic INAA Studies in South America. H. Neff and K. Vaughn
Methodological Issues for Characterisation and Provenance Studies of Obsidian in Northeast Asia
Edited by Akira Ono, Yaroslav V. Kuzmin, Michael D. Glascock, and Yoshimitsu Suda
Published in 2014 by British Archaeological Reports
- Introduction: Characterisation and Provenance Studies of Obsidian in Northeast Asia—the View from the Early 2010s. A. Ono, Y.V. Kuzmin, M.D. Glascock, and Y. Suda
- Multi-Method Characterisation of Obsidian Source Compositional Groups in Hokkaido Island (Japan). J.R. Ferguson, M.D. Glascock, M. Izuho, M. Mukai, K. Wada, and H. Sato
- Application of Internal Standard Method for Non-Destructive Analysis of Obsidian Artifacts by Wavelength Dispersive X-ray Fluorescence Spectrometry. Y. Suda
- The Effectiveness of Elemental Intensity Ratios for Sourcing Obsidian Artefacts Using Energy Dispersive S-ray fluorescence Spectrometry: A Case Study from Japan. T. Kannari, M. Nagai, and S. Sugihara
- Chemical Composition of Obsidians in Hokkaido Island, Northern Japan: The Importance of Geological and Petrological Data for Source Studies. K. Wada, M. Mukai, K. Sano, M. Izuho, and H. Sato
- The Neutron Activation Analysis of Volcanic Glasses in the Russian Far East and Neighbouring Northeast Asia: A Summary of the First 20 Years of Research. Y.V. Kuzmin and M.D. Glascock
- Geochemistry of Volcanic Glasses and the Search Strategy for Unknown Obsidian Sources on Kamchatka Peninsula (Russian Far East). A.V. Grebennikov, V.K. Popov, and Y.V. Kuzmin
- Identification of Archaeological Obsidian Sources in Kanto and Chubu Regions (Central Japan) by Energy Dispersive X-ray Fluorescence Analysis. N. Ikeya
- Integration of Obsidian Compositional Studies and Lithic Reduction Sequence Analysis at the Upper Palaeolithic Site of Ogachi-Kato 2, Hokkaido, Japan. M. Izuho, J.R. Ferguson, M.D. Glascock, N. Oda, F. Akai, Y. Nakazawa, and H. Sato
- Geoarchaeological Aspects of Obsidian Source Studies in the Southern Russian Far East and Brief Comparison with Neighbouring Regions. Y.V. Kuzmin
- The Paektusan Volcano Source and Geochemical Analysis of Archaeological Obsidians in Korea. J.-C. Kim
Intra-site Obsidian Distribution and Consumption Patterns in Northern Belize and the North-Eastern Peten
Edited by Helen R. Haines and Michael D. Glascock
Published in 2012 by British Archaeological Reports
- Introduction to the Maya Dream
- Outline of Analysis
- Data Paradigms and Tests
- Patterns of Obsidian Consumption and Distribution
Crossing the Straits: Prehistoric Obsidian Source Exploitation in the North Pacific Rim
Edited by Yaroslav Kuzmin and Michael D. Glascock
Published in 2010 by British Archaeological Reports.
- Introduction: Obsidian Sourcing in the North Pacific Rim Region and Beyond It. Y. Kuzmin and M. D. Glascock
- A review of Archaeological Obsidian Studies on Hokkaido Island (Japan). M. Izuho and W. Hirose
- Prehistoric Procurement of Obsidian from Sources on Honshu Island (Japan). T. Tsutsumi
- Obsidian Trade Between Sources on Northwestern Kyushu Island and the Ryukyu Archipelago (Japan) During the Jomon Period. H. Obata, I. Morimoto, and S. Kakubuchi.
- Provenance Study of Obsidian Artefacts Excavated from Palaeolithic Sites on the Korean Peninsula. N. Cho, J. Kim, and H. Kang.
- Obsidian Provenance Studies on Kamchatka Peninsula (Far Eastern Russia): 2003-9 Results. A. Grebennikov, V. Popov, M. D. Glascock, R. J. Speakman, Y. Kuzmin, and A. Ptashinsky.
- Bridging the Gap Between Two Obsidian Source Areas in Northeast Asia: LA-ICP-MS Analysis of Obsidian Artefacts from the Kurile Islands of the Russian Far East. S. Colby Phillips.
- Crossing Mountains, Rivers, and Straits: A Review of the Current Evidence for Prehistoric Obsidian Exchange in Northeast Asia. Y. Kuzmin.
- Long-Distance Exchange of Western North American Obsidian. C. Dillian.
- Trace Element Characterisations of Archaeologically Significant Volcanic Glasses from the Southern Great Basin of North America. R. E. Hughes.
- Procurement and Consumption of Obsidian in the Early Formative Mixteca Alta: A View from the Nochixtlan Valley, Oaxaca Mexico. J. P. Blomster and M. D. Glascock.
- Geochemical Characterization of Obsidian in Western Mexico: The Sources in Jalisco, Nayarit, and Zacatecas. M. D. Glascock, P. C. Weigand, R. Esparza Lopez, M. A. Ohnersorgen, M. Garduno Ambriz, J. B. Mountjoy, and J. A. Darling.
- Thoughts and Inference on Prehistoric Obsidian Source Exploitation in the Pacific Rim and Beyond. M. S. Shackley.
Terracotta Statues and Figurines of Cypriote Type Found in the Aegean: Provenance Studies
Edited by V. Karageorghis, Nota Kourou, V. Kilikoglou, and Michael D. Glascock
in collaboration with Jacqueline Karageorghis and Panagiota Marantidou
Published in 2009 by the A.G. Leventis Foundation: Nicosia
- The Aegean Class of Cypriote and Cypriote-type Terracotta Figurines: A Brief Overview. Nota Kourou.
- Terracottas of Cypriote type Found in Cyprus and the Aegean: A Typological Comparison. Jacqueline Karageorghis.
- Catalogue of the Sampled Figurines. V. Karageorghis, Nota Kourou, and Panagiota Marantidou.
- Neutron Activation Analysis and Results. V. Kilikoglou and M.D. Glascock.
- Discussion of the Samples. Nota Kourou and V. Karageorghis.
- Conclusions. Nota Kourou and V. Karageorghis.
Archaeological Chemistry: Analytical Techniques and Archaeological Interpretation
Edited by M. D. Glascock, R.J. Speakman, R.S. Popelka-Filcoff
Published in 2007 by American Chemical Society: Washington, D.C.
- Expanding the Range of Electron Spin Resonance Dating. Anne R. Skinner, Bonnie A. B. Blackwell, Maysun M. Hasan, and Joel I.B. Blickstein.
- Toward the Classification of Colorants in Archaeological Textiles of Eastern North America. Christel M. Baldia and Kathryn A. Jakes
- Infrared Examinaton of Fiber and Particulare Residues from Archaeological Textiles. Kathryn A. Jakes, Christel M. Baldia, and Amanda J. Thompson
- Extraction and Analysis of DNA from Archaeological Specimens. Brian M. Kemp, Cara Monroe, and David Glenn Smith
- Using Archaeological Chemistry to Investigate the Geographic Origins of Trophy Heads in the Central Andes: Strontium Isotope Analysis at the Wari Site of Conchopata. Kelly J. Knudson and Tiffiny A. Tung
- Interpreting Stable Isotopic Analyses: Case Studies on Sardinian Prehistory. Luca Lai, Robert H. Tykot, Jessica F. Beckett, Rosalba Floris, Ornella Fonzo, Elena Usai, Maria Rosaria Manunza, Ethan Goddard, and David Hollander
- Bitumen in Neolithic Iran: Biomolecular and Isotopic Evidence. Michael W. Gregg, Rhea Brettell, and Benjamin Stern
- Surface Analysis of a Black Deposit from Little Lost River. Reshmi Perumplavil and Ruth Ann Armitage
- Shell Bead Sourcing: A Comparison of Two Techniques on Olivella biplicata Shells and Beads from Western North America. Jelmer W. Eerkens, Jeffrey S. Rosenthal, Howard J. Spero, Ryoji Shiraki, and Gregory S. Herbert
- Archaeological Soils and Sediments: Application of Microfocus Synchotron X-ray Scattering, Diffraction, and Fluorescence Analyses in Thin-Section. W. Paul Adderley, Ian A. Simpson, Raymond Barrett, and Timothy J. Wess
- Quantitative Modeling of Soil Chemical Data from Inductively Coupled Plasma-Optical Emission Spectroscopy Reveals Evidence for Cooking and Eating in Ancient Mesoamerican Plazas. E. Christian Wells, Claire Novotny, and James R. Hawken
- Chemical Composition of Song Dynasty, Chinese, Copper-Based Coins via Energy Dispersive X-ray Fluorescence. Jessica Misner, Jeffe Boats, and Mark A. Benvenuto
- Elemental Compositions of Herodian Prutah, Copper Coins—of the Biblical "Widow's Mites" Series—via Energy Dispersive X-ray Fluorescence. Meghann Mouyianis, Jeffe Boats, and Mark A. Benvenuto
- Chemical Composition of the Isfiya and Qumran Coin Hoards. Michael Notis, Aaron Shugar, Danny Herman, and Donald T. Ariel
- Selected Applications of Laser Ablation Inductively Coupled Plasma-Mass Spectrometry to Archaeological Research. Robert J. Speakman, Michael D. Glascock, Robert H. Tykot, Christophe Descantes, Jennifer J. Thatcher, Craig E. Skinner, and Kyra M. Lienhop
- Evaluating the Precision Requirements for Isotope Ratio Determination of Archaeological Materials Using Laser Ablation-Time-of-Flight-Inductively Coupled Plasma-Mass Spectrometry Increasing Ratio Precision. John V. Dudgeon, Hector Neff, Andrew "Flynn" Saint, and William Balsanek
- Lead Isotope Analysis of Roman Carthage Curse Tablets. Sheldon Skaggs
- Laser Ablation-Inductively Coupled Plasma-Mass Spectrometry Analysis of Ancient Copper Alloy Artifacts. Laure Dussubieux
- Laser Ablation-Inductively Coupled Plasma-Mass Spectrometry Analysis Applied to the Characterization of Peruvian Wari Ceramics. Laure Dussubieux, Mark Golitko, Patrick Ryan Williams, and Robert J. Speakman
- Characterization of Building Materials from the Brick Chapel at Historic St. Mary's City. Ruth Ann Armitage, Leah Minc, Silas Hurry, and Melissa Doolin
- Characterization of 15th-16th Century Majolica Pottery Found on the Canary Islands. Javier Garcia Inanez, Jaume Buxeda i Garrigos, Robert J. Speakman, Michael D. Glascock, and Elena Sosa Suarez
- Intraregional Provenancing of Phillistine Pottery from Israel. David Ben-Shlomo
- The Technology of Mesopotamian Ceramic Glazes. David V. Hill, Robert J. Speakman, Michael D. Glascock, and Hector Neff
- Analysis of Historic Latter-day Saint Pottery Glazes by Laser Ablation-Inductively Coupled Plasma-Mass Spectrometry. Nicole C. Little, Timothy J. Scarlett, Robert J. Speakman, Michael D. Glascock, and Christopher W. Merritt
- Fingerprinting Specular Hematite from Mines in Botswana, Southern Africa. Adam V. Kiehn, George A. Brook, Michael D. Glascock, Jonathan Z. Dake, Lawrence H. Robbins, Alec C. Campbell, and Michael L. Murphy
- Instrumental Neutron Activation Analysis of Ochre Artifacts from Jiskairumoko, Peru. Rachel S. Popelka-Filcoff, Nathan Craig, Michael D. Glascock, J. David Robertson, Mark Aldenderfer, and Robert J. Speakman
- Feasibility of Field-Portable XRF to Identify Obsidian Sources in Central Peten, Guatemala. Leslie G. Cecil, Matthew D. Moriarty, Robert J. Speakman, and Michael D. Glascock
- Sources of Archaeological Obsidian in Peru: Descriptions and Geochemistry. Michael D. Glascock, Robert J. Speakman, and Richard L. Burger
Geochemical Evidence for Long Distance Exchange
Edited by M. D. Glascock
Published in 2002 by Bergin & Garvey: Westport
- Geochemical Evidence for Long-Distance Exchange: An Introduction. Michael D. Glascock
- Indigenaware: Spain to Valley of Mexico. Enrique Rodriguez-Alegria
- The Emergenceof Market Economies in the Ancient Maya World: Obsidian Exchange in Terminal Classic Yucatan. Geoffrey E. Braswell and Michael D. Glascock
- More than Exchange: Pre-Ceramic through Ceramic Period Obsidian Studies in the Greater North American Southwest. M. Steven Shackley
- Archaeological Evidence for the Long-Distance Exchange of Caddo Indian Ceramics in the Southern Plains, Midwest, and Southeastern United States. Timothy K. Perttula
- Production and Long-Distance Movement of Chupadero Black-on-White Pottery in New Mexico and Texas. Darrell G. Creel, Tiffany C. Clark, and Hector Neff
- Exploring the Landscapes of Long-Distance Exchange: Evidence from Obsidian Cliffs and Devils Tower, Wyoming. Brian Leigh Molyneaux
- From Loess Plains to High Plains: The Westward Movement of Upper Republican Pots. Anne M. Cobry and Donna C. Roper
- Long-distance obsidian traffic in northwestern Argentina. Hugo D. Yacobaccio, Patricia S. Escola, Marisa Lazzari, and Fernando X. Pereyra
- A Geochemical Vector for Trade: Cyprus, Asia Minor, and the Roman East. Danielle A. Parks and Hector Neff
- XRF Analysis of Pottery from Mutokolwe, a Khami Settlement from the Soutpansberg Mountains, South Africa. Leon Jacobson, Warren S. Fish, and Willem A. van der Westhuizen
- Yapese Prestige Goods: The INAA evidence for an Asian Dragon Jar. Christophe H. Descantes, Hector Neff, and Michael D. Glascock
- Centrality and the Collapse of Long-Distance Voyaging in East Polynesia. Marshall I. Weisler
Ceramic Production and Circulation in the Greater Southwest: Source Determination by INAA and Complementary Mineralogical Investigations
Edited by D. M. Glowacki and H. Neff
Published in 2002 by The Cotsen Institute of Archaeology, UCLA
- Ceramic Source Determination by Instrumental Neutron Activation Analysis in the American Southwest. Hector Neff and Donna M. Glowacki
- Quantitative Techniques for Analyzing Ceramic Compositional Data. Hector Neff
- Black Mountain Phase Ceramics and Implications for Manufacture and Exchange Patterns. Darrell Creel, Matthew Williams, Hector Neff, and Michael D. Glascock
- Chaco and the Production and Exchange of Dogoszhi-Style Pottery. Jill E. Neitzel, Hector Neff, Michael D. Glascock, and Ronald L. Bishop
- Resource Use, Red-Ware Production, and Vessel Distribution in the Northern San Juan Region. Donna M. Glowacki, Hector Neff, Michelle Hegmon, James W. Kendrick, and W. James Judge
- Artifact Design, Composition, and Context: Updating the Analysis of Ceramic Circulation at Point of Pines, Arizona. M. Nieves Zedeno
- From Compositional to Anthropological: Fourteenth-Century Red-Ware Circulation and Its Implications for Peublo Reorganization. Daniela Triadan, Barbara J. Mills, and Andrew I. Duff
- Ceramic Production and Distribution in Two Classic Period Hohokam Communities. Karen G. Harry, Paul R. Fish, and Suzanne K. Fish
- Protohistoric Ceramics from the Texas Southern Plains: Documenting Plains-Pueblo Interactions. Douglas K. Boyd, Kathryn Reese-Taylor, Hector Neff, and Michael D. Glascock
- Patayan Ceramic Variability: Using Trace Elements and Petrographic Analysis to Study Brown and Buff Wares in Southern California. John A. Hildebrand, G. Timothy Gross, Jerry Schaefer, and Hector Neff
- Typologies and Classification of Great Basin Pottery: A New Look at Death Valley Brownwares. Jelmer W. Eerkens, Hector Neff, and Michael D. Glascock
- A Petrographic Approach to Sand-Tempered Pottery Provenance Studies: Examples from Two Hohokam Local Systems. James M. Heidke, Elizabeth J. Miksa, and Henry D. Wallace
Laser Ablation ICP-MS in Archaeology
Edited by Robert J. Speakman and Hector Neff
Published in 2005 by University of New Mexico Press
- The Application of Laser Ablation ICP-MS to the Study of Archaeological Materials—An Introduction. Robert J. Speakman and Hector Neff
- Straight from the Source: Obsidian Prismatic Blades at El Ujuxte, Guatemala. A. Natasha Tabares, Michael Love, Robert J. Speakman, Michael D. Glascock, and Hector Neff
- LA-ICP-MS as a Supplement to Abbreviated-INAA for Obsidian Artifacts from the Aztec-Tarascan Frontier. Michael D. Glascock, Robert J. Speakman, and Helen P. Pollard
- Laser Ablation ICP-MS Chemical Characterization of Jade from a Jade Workshop in Cancuen, Guatemala. Brigitte Kovacevich, Hector Neff, and Ronald Bishop
- Characterization of Montana Cherts by LA-ICP-MS. Tom Roll, Michael P. Neeley, Robert J. Speakman, and Michael D. Glascock
- Searching for Analytical Alternatives in the Characterization of Copper Minerals. Maria Nieves Zedeño, Hector Neff, and Axel Neilson
- LA-ICP-MS of African Glass Trade Beads. Rachel Popelka, Michael D. Glascock, Peter Robertshaw, and Marilee Wood
- LA-ICP-MS as a Bulk Chemical Characterization Technique: Comparison of LA-ICP-MS, MD-ICP-MS, and INAA Data on Virgin Branch Anasazi Ceramics. Daniel O. Larson, Hector Neff, and Sachiko Sakai
- Compositional Analysis of Hohokam Schist-Tempered Pottery: Comparison of Methods. James W. Cogswell, David R. Abbott, Elizabeth J. Miksa, Hector Neff, Robert J. Speakman, and Michael D. Glascock
- Tephra Analysis by LA-ICP-MS for Archaeology. Hector Neff and Payson Sheets
- LA-ICP-MS and the Late Neolithic Pottery of the Amuq Plain, Turkey. Benjamin Diebold, Robert J. Speakman, and Michael D. Glascock
- A Compositional Analysis of Nasca Polychrome Paints: Implications for Nasca Pottery Economics. Kevin J. Vaughn, Christina A. Conlee, Hector Neff, and Katharina J. Schreiber
- A Preliminary Analysis of Pigments used in Redware Pottery Production at Point of Pines, Arizona. Candace A. Sall, Maria Nieves Zedeño, and Robert J. Speakman
- Chemical Characterization of Mesa Verde and Mancos Black-on-White Pottery Pigments by LA-ICP-MS. Robert J. Speakman
- Detecting Provenience of African-Origin Individuals in the Colonial Cemetery of Campeche (Yucatán): A New Approach using Trace Elements and LA-ICP-MS. Andrea Cucina, Hector Neff, and Vera Tiesler Blos
Chemical Characterization of Ceramic Pastes in Archaeology
Edited by Hector Neff
Published in 1992 by Prehistory Press
- Preface. Hector Neff
- Introduction. Hector Neff
- Neutron Activation Analysis. Michael D. Glascock
- Commentary on Technique.Garman Harbottle and Ronald L. Bishop
- Integrative Approaches in Compositional Characterization of Ceramic Pastes. Robert L. Rands and Monica Bargielski Weimer
- Ceramic Raw Materials Survey in Pacific Coastal Guatemala. Hector Neff, Frederick J. Bove, Brenda Lou, and Michael F. Piechowski
- Chemical and Petrographic Characterizations of Ceramic Pastes: Two Perspectives on a Single Data Set. James B. Stoltman, James H. Burton, and Jonathan Haas
- Ultrasonic Dissaggregation and INAA of Textural Fractions of Tucson Basin and Ohio Valley Ceramics. J. Michael Elam, Christopher Carr, Michael D. Glascock, and Hector Neff
- The Effect of Natural and Human Size Sorting on the Mineralogy and Chemistry of Ceramic Clays. M. James Blackman
- Style and Paste: Testing Stylistic Groupings of Vessels with INAA. Robert C. Henrickson and M. James Blackman
- Compositional Investigations of Elite Glaze-Painted Ceramics of Sixteenth Century Italy. J. Emlen Myers
- Commentary on Section II. Dean E. Arnold
- Comments on Section II: Variation. Ronald L. Bishop
- The Greater Nicoya Ceramic Data Base. Frederick W. Lange, Veletta Canouts, and Silvia Salgado G.
- Terminal Formative and Early Classic Ceramic Traditions of Pacific Coastal Guatemala. Frederick J. Bove, Hector Neff, Brenda L. Lou P., and Sonia Medrano.
- A Compositional Perspective on Ceramic Production in the Aztec Empire. Mary G. Hodge, Hector Neff, M. James Blackman, and Leah D. Minc
- Neutron Activation Analysis and Numerical Taxonomy of Thin Orange Ceramics from the Manufacturing Sites of Rio Carnero, Puebla, Mexico. Evelyn C. Rattray and Garman Harbottle
- An Evaluation of the Production and Exchange of Tanque Verde Red-on-Brown Ceramics from Southern Arizona. Paul R. Fish, Suzanne K. Fish, Stephanie Whittlesey, Hector Neff, Michael D. Glascock, and J. Michael Elam
- Neutron Activation Analysis of Late Woodland Ceramics from the Lake Superior Basin. Caven Clark, Hector Neff, and Michael D. Glascock
- The Use of Compositional Analysis in Determining the Production Mode of Glastonbury Ware. Chantal Cagle
- Comments on Section III: Applications. Ronald L. Bishop
Research performed by the Archaeometry Laboratory at MURR after August 2014 is supported by the National Science Foundation under our current grant number 1415403. Earlier research was supported by several NSF grants including the following: 1110793, 8801707, 9102016, 9503035, 9802366, 9977237, 0102325, 0405042, 0504015, 0802757, 0922374, and 0802757. Any opinions, findings and conclusions or recommendations expressed in this material are those of the authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of the National Science Foundation.
Last Updated on May 14, 2015
University of Missouri–Columbia